G.O.M _ General/Operations Manager
General Operations Manager plan, direct and coordinate and manage the operations of the organization. The general operations manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of the entire organization.
- Financial - Prepare and control operational budgets. Control materia budgets and the financial stability of projects Plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the company.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish flexible work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Production - Coordinate and monitor the work in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary. Manage Vendor relations.
- Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions. Enhance IT functions when and where necessary.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service - Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities. Oversee all aspects of business development which includes marketing, sales and customer service as sympatico.
- Strategic Input - Liaison with C level and ownerships. . Assist in the development of strategic plans for forward thinking activity. Implement and manage conclusive strategic planning
Education and Experience
The formal education and experience for the General operations manager job description varies according to the nature of the job responsibilities. However the following are commonly required in the operations manager role.
- College degree in business administration, management, construction management, industrial engineering. Business experience relative to the industry supersedes college degrees. Experience in Doors, Frames, Hardware is a critical element however other trades will be considered.
- Industry relevant management and operations experience
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
Key Skills and Competencies
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- planning and organizing
- communication skills
- influencing and leading
- conflict management
- stress tolerance
- teamwork and independent work